GDPR Mumbo Jumbo
It’s fairly straight forward. We don’t do anything bad.
- Understanding how you use our website
TYPES OF COOKIES WE USE
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Analytics – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company never shares this data with third parties for advertising purposes.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in some cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Any information collected or shared with Squawk Creative is kept for record purposes only and not sold, shared or divulged with any third parties except under legal directive. The client has the right to request any or all information kept by Squawk Creative about them or their project by contacting Squawk Creative. We do not store any financial information relating to Clients and use these details for payments / refunds and tax purposes only after which it is destroyed via shredding or digital deletion.
We may keep a record of log in details and passwords over the course of a project to facilitate maintenance and development but these details will be forwarded to the client and then deleted and / or destroyed upon final payment for the project. It is up to the client to keep these details safe for future work and Squawk Creative take no responsibility for any lost information / details on the clients end.
We keep a copy of any project files such as images, artwork, logos etc that would be relevant to future work if needed on our cloud storage. These can all be deleted should the client wish to request so in writing.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We ask for contact information including your name, email address, and phone number, on our website so that we can reply to your enquiry.
Occasionally, we might receive your contact information from one of our partners or from a referral source. If we do, we protect it in exactly the same way as if you give it to us directly.
Throughout the course of a project we might collect other details relevant to the work being undertaken such as social media log in details, passwords and payment details (eg: stripe / paypal).
WHAT INFORMATION WE HOLD
- When you contact us by email or through our website, we collect your name, email address and phone number, if you’ve given us that.
- If you do business with us, we also collect your business name and bank details but only keep records of the invoices we send you and the payments you make. Financial data is deleted or shredded.
- We may collect, during the course of a project, login details for various accounts and services on your behalf, once the project is finished these are handed over to the client and / or deleted immediately.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
When you contact us by email or through our website, we save your information to Gmail which is protected by 2 factor authentication. We also save your name, phone number and email address in our company phone which is password protected. Project files and assets are backed up and stored on our cloud storage account with Google One.
WHAT WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR
We use your information to send you invoices, statements, or reminders. We might occasionally use your contact information to send you details of our products and services. We might also email or phone you about our products and services, but if you tell us not to, we won’t get in touch again. Saved project files and assets are kept for future work or showcased as part of our portfolio.
WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INFORMATION AT OUR COMPANY
Alan, our Creative Director, is responsible for the security of your information. You can contact him by email at alan AT squawkcreative DOT ie or by phone on 021 4861376. if you have any concerns.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
When we store information in our own systems, only Squawk employees have access.
THE STEPS WE TAKE TO KEEP YOUR INFORMATION PRIVATE
Where we store your information in third-party services, we restrict access only to people who need it. We use a different password for each service.
The computers we use are all protected by unique password and / or PIN access. Our mobile devices are also protected by passcode and PINs and two step verification.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We take complaints very seriously. If you have any reason to complain about the ways we handle your privacy, please contact us by email at hello AT squawkcreative DOT ie or by phone on 021 4861376. You can also contact the data protection commissioner through their website.
CHANGES TO THE POLICY
If we change the contents of this policy, those changes will become effective the moment we publish them on our website.
PRIVACY POLICIES OF EXTERNAL WEBSITES